Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day 2

Day 2.  Muuuch better than Day 1.  Let me tell you why.  First off, I didn't start out with a peanut butter cup hangover.  Always a good thing.  But here's the best thing - I had my monthly Arbonne meeting tonight with my team and learned some GREAT new info on the Fit Kit.  So I want to start out with some share time:

While I've been using the protein shakes, fiber boost, metabolism boost, and fit chews over the last couple of days, I had been avoiding the fizzy tabs and herbal detox tea.  I didn't think I needed the fizzy tabs because I assumed all they did was flavor water that I'm already perfectly fine with drinking plain.  Boy am I stupid.  Enter Gena Fryar, one of my uplines, who has lost 45 pounds on this program and knows EVERYTHING.  Apparently, the fizzy tabs not only make water more palatable for those who don't like to drink it, it also gives you natural energy, increases metabolism, and carries TONS of antioxidants!  Who knew?  Gena did, apparently.  Needless to say, I have a full 32 ounces mixed up and ready for tomorrow.  Woot.

Now, herbal detox tea.  Let me be perfectly clear.  I hate tea.  Hate it.  I hate the smell, the taste, the after-taste, I hate it hot, I hate it cold, I hate tea.  Hate it.  I did not want to try it.  Gena strikes again.  She tells me how amazing it is as part of the overall Fit Kit package.  Then Sharon, my other all-knowing upline, says that a half a fizzy tab makes it better.  Now that I know about the fizzy tab awesomeness, how could I not try it in the tea that I supposedly hate so much?  I brewed up a cup and had Jason stand by in case I had to pass it off on my way to vomit.  He loves tea.  Goober.

The tea was... wait for it... not horrible!  I didn't even gag.  Not once.  I did burn my tongue, but that's beside the point.  I will be drinking it again.  It made my stomach feel good and got me nice and relaxed.

Finally, I also learned about the Digestion Plus powder, which is another product that is supplemental.  Who's heard of probiotics?  Everyone?  I thought so.  We can thank Jamie Lee Curtis for that.  But what about PREbiotics?  I hadn't a clue as to what they do.  But here's the low-down - this powder that you mix with 4 ounces of water helps support extensive digestion of carbs, fats, prteins, fiber, and lactose.  It helps minimize gas and bloating (Jason will be receiving this in his next beverage, for sure).  AND it aids in nutrient absorption.  All in a little bitty powder packet.  Add that to my list.  Done.

Isn't knowledge a wonderful thing?  Sharon is supposed to be sending me some videos on how the whole line works together.  I look forward to them and will share them as soon as I can figure out how :)

Now... learning time over.  Let's discuss the day.  I tried a new shake combo that I MUCH preferred over yesterday's.  The berry seeds just plain got to me, so this morning I used a tropical fruit mix instead - strawberries, pineapple, peaches, mango, and banana.  Understand that the sugar content of this shake was slightly higher, but it was way easier for me to get down.  I consider that a fair trade-off.  I took the same meds and vitamins as before.  Took a nap through lunch, but when I woke up, I wasn't the slightest bit hungry.  I thank the protein for that.  God help me when I go back to work.  This sleeping all day thing is gonna bite me in the butt.

Supper was sausage and rice.  Gena has almost convinced me to follow a more "clean eating" plan to help aid in total body detoxification.  That means that, for 30 days, my diet will be free from all gluten, dairy, soy, high GI fruits, alcohol, simple sugars, and artificial sweeteners.  Good grief.  It's only for 30 days, though.  I can do anything for 30 days... right??  This is one thing that Gena said that struck me:  "You are the only one responsible for your own health.  Just you.  Not your husband, not your family.  You are responsible for this."

Gena should be a Baptist preacher.  She makes you see the light.  Her eyes bore into you (not in a Crazy Lady way... but in an "I'm concerned about your future" way) and you can't help but listen to her.  Maybe I should follow the plan more in its entirety.  Thoughts?  Suggestions?  Recipes?  I welcome them.  And you know I'll keep you updated.  Let me tell you something, though.  My first "no pasta" post will be legend.

No comments:

Post a Comment