Friday, January 6, 2012

Days 3 and 4

Yes, yes.  I'm a slacker.  I missed a blog day.  But I promise, I haven't forgotten.  So let's back-track, shall we? Wednesday... this was the day that I had almost decided that, despite the fact that my husband loves me, sometimes I wonder if he's trying to kill me.  Jason, my dear sweet man, wanted to eat out.  Twice.

Eat. Out.  Does any man know what kind of feeling that strikes into the heart of a dieter?  Hello!?  I haven't even come close to hitting that 2-week mark when everything becomes unbelievably easier.  I'm still ready to drop-kick any skinny little waitress that stands between me and dessert.  That being said, I was a bit wary of the whole experience.  But I love my husband and a man can only eat Beef-a-Roni for so long before he wonders if there's anything else out there.  So we go out for Restaurant Meal #1 - Breakfast.

Mimi's Cafe is my favorite place in the whole world.  Their muffins make me feel like I'm eating a baby angel.  Of course, Jason ordered one.  My favorite one.  I made him turn sideways with the bitten-side facing towards him (everyone knows that the bitten-side of a muffin releases more scent than the un-bitten side).  I was very proud of my self-control.  Scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, and fresh fruit.  No juice.  No muffin.

Lunch was not as easy.  We went to Frankie's cafeteria, which I usually love.  All you have to do is point and food magically appears on your tray.  No one is there to say "You can only have one roll" or "That extra piece of pie doesn't come with your meal."  If I want 27 rolls and 3 different kinds of pie, I can have them.  And I wonder how I got myself into this whole "weight predicament" in the first place.

I choose "Baked Cod" which sounds healthy enough, but one bite tells me that it's most likely been "baked" in butter.  I scraped off the breading (side note:  since when does baked fish have breading??).  Peas and carrots, green beans, and one bite of mashed potatoes that really weren't any good rounded out my meal.  Lunch, done.

Supper is when I fell off the wagon.  Because we spent so much time running around, eating out, and just having a grand time, I had neglected to put supper in the crock pot.  For shame.  I ended up with a tupperware bowl of egg noodles.  That's it.  No meat.  No veggies.  Just egg noodles.  It was a bad decision from the first bite.  I was sick for the rest of the night.  My head was pounding and my stomach was queasy.  So, so dumb.

That feeling followed me into Thursday morning.  Who knew that this detox would work so quickly?  I could almost hear my stomach cursing me.  I jumped back on the wagon as fast as I could.  Pina Coloda shake for brunch.  It amazes me the recipes that these people come up with.  Love it.  I've pretty much decided that with my new job up and coming, I'll have to drop down to one shake a day.  I don't see myself being able to prepare one for lunch where I'm working now.  So that one shake a day had better be good :)

Because I had brunch and not breakfast, I had a couple of fit chews and a very small spoonful of peanut butter to tide me over until supper.  We went out (again) at Cheeburger Cheeburger.  I had a turkey burger, no cheese and the bottom half of the bun.  It was amazing.  I was so proud of myself.  Andrea Torrence eating a turkey burger...

Now, let's discuss some less tangible areas of this diet.  First off, I'm feeling really good.  My only queasy time was the egg noodle catastrophe, which I took as my body's way of saying "Don't you ever EVER do that to me again.  Ever."  My sleep has been amazing.  I typically toss and turn a LOT at night (which is the reason for our king-sized bed), but I have had a much easier time waking up the morning now.  I've started using the Digestion Plus powder fairly regularly as well as making sure I use my fizzy tabs every day.  All in all, I've been very impressed, feeling good, and never hungry.  Oh... and I'm peeing.  A LOT.

Between you, me, and cyberspace, I have already weighed myself once this week.  You'll have to wait until the end of the week to find out the numbers, though.  But I'm not gonna lie... it's pretty great.

No comments:

Post a Comment